The North Mississippi VISTA Project is currently recruiting for two national service opportunities!
- Summer Associates provide direct service to summer learning and enrichment programs in North Mississippi from June 2 – July 28, 2017. Click HERE to apply for a Summer Associate Position.
- Yearlong VISTA positions provide indirect service and capacity building to departments across the UM campus, nonprofit organizations, and Title I school districts in North Mississippi from August 28, 2017 – August 27, 2018. Click HERE to apply for a yearlong VISTA Position.
To apply, please visit the links above, which will take you to myAmeriCorps.gov. In addition to completing the application link on myAmeriCorps.gov, please send a RESUME & COVER LETTER to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The North Mississippi VISTA Project at the University of Mississippi seeks dynamic individuals to serve as Volunteers in Service to America (VISTAs). Each full-time, one-year placements is supported by AmeriCorps with a modest living allowance, health benefits, and an education award. VISTAs serve throughout North Mississippi to build sustainable systems for fighting poverty through education. Overviews of available VISTA positions are listed below. If you have questions or want to apply, please contact Laura Martin: email@example.com or (662) 915‐2078, or Sara Baker: firstname.lastname@example.org or (662) 915-2397.
The following VISTA sites are seeking both summer associates and yearlong VISTA members:
- A summer program that offers academics, enrichment, and recreation to combat summer learning loss among underserved students.
- This assignment will involve grant writing and volunteer coordination in preparation for the 6 week summer program.
- This position is located on the UM Campus.
- This organization improves educational opportunities throughout the school district by connecting resources to students, parents, and teachers so that all students will be given the best chance to succeed in their high school and college careers.
- The VISTA will help to create sustainable partnerships with community stakeholders and other organizations throughout the country that can help increase the number and quality of opportunities for the students to engage with the community, as well as programs and activities to expose students to opportunities outside of the district.
- This position would be located with the North Panola School District in Sardis, MS.
- This organization hopes to provide each student with the opportunity to succeed in life through education.
- The VISTA will utilize outreach and grantwriting to build sustainable partnerships between the school and the community, increasing the number of opportunities students receive in the community and outside of the school district.
- This position would be located at Crenshaw Elementary School in Crenshaw, MS.